2.1

Won an auction on 2/27/18 for a 2007 Nissan Murano described in the listing as *side* damage. Okay so when you read side damage and see a picture of the wheel leaning the first thing that you think is that they are talking about the tire and that one of the parts that is holding the tire has broken. Wrong!

Keep in mind that when inspecting a Copart vehicle before bidding in the auction there is no way to lift the car up and see what is going on underneath it......so the only thing that I could do was make a decision based on the description that Copart put on the listing. Picked the car up from the Copart facility in Ellenwood GA one week ago and had to immediately tow the car to the Nissan service center for repair.

Upon the car's arrival at the Nissan dealership they thought that the wheel was like that because of a broken lower control arm. Nowhere in my mind did I ever think that they would be calling me a few days later to tell me that the car has undercarriage damage......a bent frame and a bent subframe!

Phoned the general manager at Copart who had a totally dismissive attitude and had the audacity to tell me that they allow vehicle inspection before the auction as if there would have been any way that I could have lifted the vehicle up and looked underneath it.

This is not the first time that I have purchased a vehicle from Copart and normally when a vehicle has frame damage they put *undercarriage* as the primary damage, well not with my car.......she told me that when they put *side* as the damage that it was meant just to provide general information about the vehicles condition. Oh really? Big difference between a car with side damage and a car with undercarriage/frame damage.

Now I have a car that will need a minimum of $1400 in repairs to straighten out the main frame, replace the subframe and replace all of the associated parts........and yesterday I was quoted by another repair shop that quoted me at $2700!!!!

Copart's answer.......they told me that I can relist the car for sale and they won't charge me any listing fees!!! So now I am out of thousands of dollars, have a car that is still as I type this message sitting at the Nissan service center and cannot be driven without me spending another couple of thousand dollars.....

Review about: 2007 Nissan Murano Car.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Rudeness of their employees, Did not respond to the customers, False advertisement.

Comments

I like how you people try to get these cars thousands less then market value and expected them to be fine. Hate how they allow public to bid, people in public *** theses cars all up like yourself.

Buy a clean title car and you wont have this problem. That Nissan is a simple fix, buy used parts for that roach

to Jay #1451776

Nowhere in my statement did I say anything about expecting a car to be fine......there are different degrees of damage on any salvage car and not all of them should have been totaled in the first place. Many of the cars are very fixable.

Have a salvage car purchased from Copart almost 4 years ago and it has been a great car all of these years.Even so called “clean title” cars come with a risk and no guarantee that the car won’t have problems. And just because a car has a salvage title doesn’t mean that buyers don’t deserve an honest description of the damage.In a perfect world everyone would be able to afford to buy a new car.....we don’t live in a perfect world.