Copart Auto Auction - Misrepresented-major problems not disclosed

7 of 38 Copart Auto Auction reviews

I'm writing this after I have just purchased a nightmare.I bought a 2004 Nissan Murano from copart.com in Homestead, FL.

(Miami area). The auction website states that the car runs and drives and has normal wear. After I won the auction, I went to see the car and was horrified. I wanted to cancel my bid since the seller's reserve was not met and then was sent a counteroffer for a higher price that I did not accept.

I talked with the manager, Michael Santos, and asked how this was normal wear. The paint job on the car was oxidized all over. All of the electrical parts on the inside were messed up. The a/c was missing parts and did not work.

The leather interior had holes and the leather wheel was torn and missing parts too. The manager told me I had to keep the car, but I had no idea I was in for the real surprise when I took it to the mechanic. The transmission and suspension were messed up and would cost more than the car is worth. They gave me an estimate that the car would cost $4000 to repair only the transmission.

I would still have to pay more to fix the ac and the rest of the problems. I tried to call Michael and he hung up on me every time I was transferred to him. Now, I'm trying to get my money back or put back on auction so I can get some of my money back. I'm so disappointed in this company.

They don't disclose all the information in their descriptions on the auctions. I've been looking at cars at this auction for 45 days and they don't disclose any problems.

Be prepared to pay more than the car is worth and have numerous repairs to make.I don't recommend this place at all.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Interest Rate
Insurance Quality

• What I liked
    • Variety of vehicles
  • What I disliked
    • Blow you off dont address the issue
    • Fees to high now

2004 Nissan Murano Lot 30446856
Review category
Dealers
review #916816 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Copart Auto Auction? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
7 of 38 Copart Auto Auction reviews

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

ransom

Nov 04 #1236586

Let this be a lesson folks,
Don't buy a car you haven't seen in person.

Sep 12 #1211776 Boynton Beach, Florida, United States

EVERYONE KNOWS YOU DON'T BUY CARS FROM MIAMI, ESPECIALLY HIALEAH, ALL CARS ARE SALVAGE, THEY DON'T CARE IF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY CRASH AND DIE

Sep 12 #1211368 Emeryville, California, United States

It appears that the car may ignite at any moment. Your comprehensive coverage covers that loss, less a deductible.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.