Copart Auto Auction - Misrepresented-major problems not disclosed
I'm writing this after I have just purchased a nightmare.I bought a 2004 Nissan Murano from copart.com in Homestead, FL.
(Miami area). The auction website states that the car runs and drives and has normal wear. After I won the auction, I went to see the car and was horrified. I wanted to cancel my bid since the seller's reserve was not met and then was sent a counteroffer for a higher price that I did not accept.
I talked with the manager, Michael Santos, and asked how this was normal wear. The paint job on the car was oxidized all over. All of the electrical parts on the inside were messed up. The a/c was missing parts and did not work.
The leather interior had holes and the leather wheel was torn and missing parts too. The manager told me I had to keep the car, but I had no idea I was in for the real surprise when I took it to the mechanic. The transmission and suspension were messed up and would cost more than the car is worth. They gave me an estimate that the car would cost $4000 to repair only the transmission.
I would still have to pay more to fix the ac and the rest of the problems. I tried to call Michael and he hung up on me every time I was transferred to him. Now, I'm trying to get my money back or put back on auction so I can get some of my money back. I'm so disappointed in this company.
They don't disclose all the information in their descriptions on the auctions. I've been looking at cars at this auction for 45 days and they don't disclose any problems.
Be prepared to pay more than the car is worth and have numerous repairs to make.I don't recommend this place at all.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Variety of vehicles
What I disliked
- Blow you off dont address the issue
- Fees to high now
- Poor inspection of vehicles
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "First I must say that out dealer in Akron, General RV, has been considerate and helpful . As far as the Mirada by Coachman of Forest River Inc. goes, it..."
- "I spent hours on the phone with three salesmen, two so-called sales managers (or was one a so-called customer service specialist) was told "We will get back to you in..."
- "My wife recently bought a 2011 BMW X5. After she signed the papers Stephen (the sale manager) informs her that the vehicle needs to be taken to the shop..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "MEMPHIS TN SHELBY COUNTY...............Extended Arms Cleaning Contractor's ....Nancy Taylor it's a crime to online harass make FALSE claims call or in anyway directly or in directly try to contact myself..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "Went on my birthday to Denny's, November 6 in Cutler Bay, Florida around 7-8pm. The food was terrible and was asked to give a tip for services rendered. Host and..."
- "I purchased a 2008 Lexus IS250 the car is now 6 years old. The dash board and door panels are now melting and falling apart. Spoke with headquarters..."
- "I purchased a 22 foil wrapped cherries by Cella's, never had an issue, but this one had no liquid and some of them not even had cherries. I think I..."